Friday, April 3, 2009

April 3

Update: Last night while I was babysitting, Clay took the girls to the mall for dinner and to a pet store to buy all the supplies for their (as in the girls and Clay's, not mine) pet snake. Now all they have to do is get the snake - yuck!





Nursery Before (left)/After (right)

Original Post: I am getting ready to drop the girls off with Mamaw and Bapaw so I can paint the nursery. I will post those pictures later today. Here's the Dirt Cake recipe:


Dirt Cake

Crush 1-16 oz package Oreos. Put 1/3 of the cookie crumbs in bottom of large plastic flower pot.


Next layer:

2-8oz cream cheese

½ cup margarine

1 cup powdered sugar


Cream these together and spread half of it over cookie crumbs.


Third Layer:

2 - 3oz packages French Vanilla Instant Pudding

3 ½ cups milk

14 oz cool whip


Whip pudding and milk and add cool whip. Spread ½ of this mixture over the cream cheese layer. Repeat layers 1, 2, and 3 and then cover with remaining crumbs. Complete with plastic flowers and gummy worms.


7 comments:

tracy said...

The room looks great! I like the color, how do you think it turned out?

Mom said...

Maybe the blue paint will get you that boy baby! It looks nice!

Four Better or Four Worse said...

I really like it.

Four Better or Four Worse said...

Now all I have to do is get the new light fixture hung. I am going to wait until after the baby's born to have Pat make curtains... that way we can pick some girly fabric if it's a girl.

Tammy said...

Looks like you are planning for a boy?? You never know!

The Locke Family said...

BLUE?????

DisneyWorldFan said...

I love the blue!! I would of kept my nursery blue if it wasn't for the bedding I went and bought! It looks nice