Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 11

Update: I just had a good early Easter present - I felt the baby kick for the first time!

Original Post: Last night Scottie babysat the girls. Clay and I went to a new restaurant called Amerigos for some pasta so Clay could load up on carbs for his race today. We finished off our date with a romantic trip to Wal-Greens so I could get some cold medicine.

This morning we loaded the car up at 6:30 and headed to the stadium for the race - it was a cold 40 degrees. Clay ran the Papa John's 10 Miler in 1:19:23. He placed 694th overall, which is the top 13%! Go Clay!


Bundled Up/Peek-A-Boo!


Nothing like a banana picnic in 40+ degree weather with the sun shining right in your eyes. The girls were good sports and had alot of fun cheering on the runners.


Clay about to cross the finish line (he's second from the right, in the blue shirt)

Nonna, the girls are trying to say "Thank You" for their Easter card/stickers. We got them in the mail yesterday.

2 comments:

Nonna said...

Ok, so the little video was worth the late posting! I was getting the shakes from withdrawals! Kat looks like she's thinking "Who the heck is poppa stu?" Sad.

The Nowlin Family said...

I think the baby wanted you to say happy birthday to shep! Didn't it feel awesome to sit inside papa john's knowing that Friday is the spring game!!! I bet you daydreamed about seeing the cardinal bird go running across the field!!!