Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 17

Happy Anniversary Mamaw and Bapaw!

On Monday Elliott had a Doctor's appointment. He had a culture done on 2 blisters he has in his diaper area. We got a call from the Pediatrician yesterday that the blisters are MRSA (an antibiotic-resistant staff infection). That had us pretty scared (okay, I was borderline hysterical). However, this morning after we dropped the girls off at school, Clay and I took Elliott to the Pediatrician to have the blisters looked at again and to have questions answered. The good news is that blisters are healing with a topical antibiotic (MRSA can be treated with some antibiotics, and this one seems to be working!). They don't like to put newborns on oral antibiotics. We are supposed to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't start running a fever, get new blisters, or have a change in his behavior or appetite. He is not really contagious either, so none of the rest of us should get it. Phew! Hopefully the little man is on the mend. PLEASE PRAY that this doesn't spread into his bloodstream or bones, because then it could become very serious.

On a happier note, after we left the Doctor's office, Clay went to work and I came home and decorated Kat's birthday cake. Hard to believe she is almost 3 years old already!

Scooby Dooby Doo!



4 comments:

Mom said...

Cake looks fantastic! I taught you everything you know about baking. Not!

tracy said...

You did an awesome job on the cake! She's going to love it!! When's the party?

I know I already said this on Facebook, but I'm glad that little man is on the mend and please let me know if there's anything I can do for you all!!

Four Better or Four Worse said...

Party is tomorrow night.

DisneyWorldFan said...

the cake looks great!!! We are praying for your little man too!!!!