Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16

9 more days until Christmas!

Yesterday after we dropped the girls off at school, Elliott and I ran errands, including Hobby Lobby. I love that store!

Candy bar-covered Christmas tree (Nonna, I remember making one of these with you using hard candies)!

For our 15th day of the 25 Days of Christmas activities, the girls and I made Peppermint Bark and star suckers (we're calling them Bethlehem Stars).

Crushing candy canes for the bark

Stirring the crushed peppermints into the melted chocolate

The finished product - yum! This was my first time making these and it was super easy! I used the Paula Deen recipe.

Paula Deen's Peppermint Bark
Melt 2 pounds of white chocolate chips. Crush peppermint candy (enough to make 1 cup). Mix together. Put wax paper on a cookie sheet. Pour the mixture onto the wax paper and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Break into pieces.

Bethlehem Stars


1 comment:

DisneyWorldFan said...

very cute. I want to take more time off next year so I can actually do some more fun things with the kids! I guess I will be making christmas bows in June and July! I hope you have a Merry christmas!