Monday, May 20, 2019

May 20

We headed to Cleveland today. Clay and I were both pleasantly surprised by Cleveland. I mean, who visits Cleveland for fun? Cleveland has an older, big city vibe. The people were friendly and it was a place I would go back to visit.  Kat commented that "everything in Cleveland is fun". She's hard to impress.

First stop the "Cleveland" sign in Edgewater Park. Doesn't Kat look thrilled? Ha!

 
Lake Erie and my eerie husband

I had a couple of reasons I wanted to take a trip to Cleveland. 1- I like to visit new places (it's only an hour from Sandusky/Cedar Point) and 2 - the house from "A Christmas Story" is there. It is one of Clay's favorite movies. They encourage you to walk around and touch everything in the house. The museum across the street houses the actual artifacts from the movie (Red Rider gun, leg lamp, etc). As you can see, Clay thoroughly enjoyed himself. 

 
 
 
 
We went to the West Side Market in downtown to explore and eat. It is a huge farmer's market that has been going on daily for over 100 years. They had fresh pasta, produce, meats, desserts, etc. Clay and Elliott ate the "best Gyro he's (Clay) ever had". Kat and I ate Pad Thai, Lucy and Julia ate crepes. Yum!

 Then we went to the Great Lakes Science Center for a couple of hours before heading back to our hotel to swim in the water park.

No comments: