Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14


How much can you cram in a day? We did as many things as possible yesterday in an attempt to cross off a few more things from our Summer Bucket List.

 
First stop was the Humane Society. If Clay weren't allergic to cats, Tilly the kitten might have come home with us. She was a snuggly little furball.

 
 Our next stop was to a beautiful old cemetery in town. We went to feed the ducks. These ducks/geese were hungry. We usually feed them at a park, but they seem to be fed so much that they aren't usually interested in our crackers. This was not the case at the cemetery. These guys were aggressive! 

 Kat and Elliott did not enjoy the geese coming to get their crackers, so they opted to hang out on/near the bench.

 
 Everybody hanging out watching Jonathan do all the work.

 Our third stop was to a park for a picnic lunch and some play time.

 The fourth stop was not on our bucket list, but when I drove past Krispy Kreme, the "Hot Donuts" sign was on, and I couldn't pass it up! As a bonus, the kids got balloons. I love Julia's goofy face.

 The balloons came in handy for target practice.

 It was Elliott's turn to plan our dinner and help cook. He chose homemade pepperoni pizza and watermelon. 

And finally, Julia had softball practice last night. She is on a new team for the Fall. This league is not through our church and is alot more competitive. She has some catching up to do to the other girls (they have all played for this league before), but she seems to be enjoying it and is learning alot.

Lucy was with us all day for these activities, but I didn't get hardly any pictures of her because I was holding her at the Humane Society and the cemetery. She was a little overwhelmed by the animals.

No comments: