Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 18

This morning both girls woke up and were really whiny. We headed for the library/pet store late this morning and Kat fell asleep on the way(plus they both took 3 hour naps this afternoon, so they were tired). We met Tracy, Jonathan, and Tracy's Grandma at story time at the library. Afterwards we ate at Burger King for lunch. The girls must have been hungry because they ate every bite of their food. Tonight we had AWANA at church.

Julia is resting, but Kat is passed out

at the pet store

Today at the library we had a woman come teach us about dental health. Here Julia is brushing Mr. Monkey's teeth.

We learned something today at the library that is somewhat disturbing. If you read the Nutrition labels on food packages, for every 4 grams of sugar in the food, it equals 1 teaspoon of sugar. The chocolate milk the girls had at lunch had 7+ teaspoons of sugar in it!

Pregnancy Note: I have now thrown up more with this pregnancy than I did with the girls' combined. I have evening sickness, rather than morning sickness. And while I kept down my greasy whopper Jr and onion rings from lunch, I threw up pretzel salad this afternoon. I guess it's a blessing that I feel bad when Clay's home to help out, but it's a miserable feeling each day to know that evening sickness is coming... (it reminds me of Julia's newborn days and dreading the 5-8pm colicky time)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the evening sickness is just an indication that this baby
will be a night owl. Just a few words of encouragement from Nonna.

Susan said...

Ugh! i had the evening sickness, too, with noe. i prefer the morning sickness (though i don't really enjoy either of them), so you can get it done and then eat breakfast and be about your business all day and have a pleasant evening. hope you get past it soon!

DisneyWorldFan said...

Well like you said, at least you are sick that means that baby is doing good!! That is what I keep telling myself. I still am not well in the morning!