Monday, January 12, 2009
January 12
This morning Julia had her 4 yr-old well-child exam. She is 39 inches tall (40th %) and 34 pounds (45th%). She also had her hearing tested, got her finger pricked, and got 4 shots! I thought nothing could be worse than having your baby get shots... but no, a 4 yr-old is by far worse! They had to call an extra nurse into the room to help hold her down! When it was all over, we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream - anytime you can find an excuse for ice cream at 10am, I say go for it! When we got home, Julia got a bath to soak her legs in the tub. Hopefully she doesn't have any effects from the shots. She had some of these same shots at 1 and they caused her to have a 102-103 degree fever for 7 days!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Has she recovered yet? I don't know what's worse the shots or the finger prick?! I always hated those! What'd you do with the other girls while you were holding Julia down?
we went to DQ at 11 today for ice cream!! (that was a mommy and Bella craving!!)
whats up with that chicks ponytail??? dont worry she will forget the shots until next time:)
Post a Comment