Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20

Last night we went out to eat and then went over to visit with Mamaw and Papaw G for awhile. Papaw got out the harmonicas so he and the girls could play. Julia was really into it. She would announce the "song" she was playing, and when she was done, she would take a bow and then tap her harmonica against her leg (because Papaw does this) to shake the "water" out.



This morning I cleaned the house and now we are waiting on the furnace man to come finish the job (he temporarily fixed it Friday) and for the carpet cleaners to come by and give us an estimate. Tonight Scottie is babysitting so Clay and I can go see Wicked!

Well, I am not a fan of Barack Obama, but since today is a historic day, with our country swearing in the first black President, I feel that something should be said. I think it's great that our country is moving forward and crossing some of the racial barriers that have plagued it. I am worried about some of the legislation that he plans to enact (the Freedom of Choice Act, for one). But all I can do is pray about it. God will hold everyone accountable for our decisions, even Barack Obama. It was neat to share the Inaugural experience with the girls, who sat still on my lap through most of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan got a toy harmonica for Christmas so you'll have to let us know the next time the "band" gets together :-)