The theme for AWANA Wednesday night was “Dress Like Mom/Dad”. Lucy nailed it! Hair clip? Check. Mole? Check.
Amid all the Corona Virus hoopla, homeschooling continued. Elliott’s Anatomy study guide required some popcorn.
It was announced today that starting Monday, local public schools will be out. Kat’s school is cancelling next week as well. Co-op is also cancelled. All will have online options moving forward until (at least) after Spring Break.
Yesterday was the day our grocery budget started over. Unfortunately, the Corona virus news was relentless yesterday, causing everyone to panic and rush to the stores. I ordered the Kroger pickup. When I showed up for my time slot the poor guy came to the car and said all his Clicklist co-workers called in, so he was on his own and that he was running hours behind schedule. 😳 I asked if there were any groceries left in the store (the parking lot was packed). He said they were out of a lot.
I headed to a different Kroger.
It took forever because every aisle had a line of people/carts and it took awhile to maneuver through each aisle.
Not a single roll of toilet paper in the store. I got everything else on my list! A friend of mine sent pictures from her Kroger and they were almost out of meat and other staples.
Believe it or not, I was checked out in 10 minutes. They were prepared for the onslaught of people. Everyone I encountered had good attitudes and made jokes. All in all, it wasn't nearly as awful as I anticipated.
No comments:
Post a Comment