Thursday, May 24, 2018

May 24

Elliott and Kat played tennis for awhile yesterday. I sat in a chair in the shade and read a book. I am loving this stage of parenting!

The kids still have daily chores. Up until now, Julia and Kat have been primarily responsible for cleaning a room each day. This summer, my goal is to transition those responsibilities to Elliott and Lucy so that Julia and Kat can start taking over the dishes and laundry. 

My goal for myself this summer is to take a room each week and clean it thoroughly. We have lived here nearly 12 years and some of these rooms haven't had a deep cleaning in all that time! I have been busy having babies and then taking care of toddlers/preschoolers, and then keeping busy with homeschooling. This summer, I have run out of excuses! Last week I cleaned all the windows in the house and cleaned all the cobwebs out of the corners. This week I tackled the master bedroom and bathroom. I organized drawers, the closet, moved furniture to clean behind it. Yuck!

No comments: