Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 1

 
So... this wasn't the best way to start our Monday off... we were about 30 minutes late getting to co-op yesterday because I rear-ended a car. Doh! Thankfully, the woman I rear-ended was really understanding.
 
My anatomy class swabbed different things around co-op (handrails, toilet seats, toilet handles, classroom tables, water fountains, a kids hand before/after washing) last week. We put the swabs in petri dishes that had agar in them (agar feeds bacteria) and let them sit for a week so the bacteria could grow. The hand rails had the most bacteria. Toilet handle was second (toilet seat was relatively clean), and the kids hands/classroom table were a close third. I can't grow plants or flowers, but I can grow some bacteria! Don't you love my germ farm?

Ocean boxes for Swimming Creatures. The kids are really proud of these. 

 Elliott's ancient history class was given broken pieces of a "Roman artifact" and had to reassemble it.

This was the first Monday this year that it was nice enough for the kids to have PE outside. It is going to be in the mid 80s this week... guess I'd better get the summer clothes out.

Julia's sign language class had a sign language interpreter come speak to their class.

Clay got home from work and spent hours working on his car. The mounting bracket for his alternator is broken. Not a good day to be a car in our family. On the upside, he is taking my van to work, which leaves the kids and me stuck at home. I am looking forward to a day at home. I guess this means I have time to go through the kids summer clothes. 

No comments: