Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14

Clay took the kids to the lake last night and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. He has my camera, so I don't have any pictures to post. In the last 36 hours I have gotten a ton accomplished!

Yesterday I:
  • gave the kids baths
  • dropped Gus off at the groomers
  • shopping at Wal-Mart with all 4 rugrats
  • picked up a cake at the bakery
  • picked Gus up from the groomers
  • washed all the laundry
  • put clean sheets on all the beds
  • packed for the kids (Julia, Kat, and Elliott) to go to the lake with Clay
  • hung out with girlfriends after Clay and the kids left
  • steam-cleaned the family room carpet

Today I:

  • watched a chick flick
  • cleaned the shower and bathtub (not gonna say how long it has been, but yuck!)
  • ran errands at Autozone, Starbucks, Bizers (got Julia's glasses fixed), Hancock Fabrics, Meijers (groceries), and the bank
  • sorted through/organized hand-me-down clothes for Lucy and Elliott
  • fed Lucy rice cereal and had success (!!!)
  • organized part of the basement
  • took Gus and Lucy for a walk

I love and miss my family, but I sure am enjoying the quiet! I am not good at relaxing (as you can see), but the quiet of the house is much-needed for this tired Momma! It's nice to be able to do what I want to do without being interrupted constantly with "Mom!", "Can I do...?", "Can you get me...?", "Mom!", "_____ hit me!", "____ looked at me funny!" "Elliott has ... (this is limitless)". Tonight I plan to read a good book and take a bubble bath. Life is good.

No comments: