Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12

We left for Hilton Head about 7pm last night. The plan was for me to sleep when the kids went to bed and then I'd take over driving for Clay. Well, the girls went to sleep without any problems. Elliott however, didn't sleep much at all. He'd sleep 20 minutes or so and then wake up and cry. He did this over and over. At midnight we pulled over for gas and a "snack" at Waffle House. In hindsight this wasn't our best idea. We got back in the car at 1am and kept driving. Elliott still wasn't sleeping good, which meant I wasn't getting any sleep. At 3am we decided to pull over and sleep at a motel. At 6am Julia woke me up by puking in the bed she and I were sharing (this is why we're thinking the Waffle House wasn't such a good idea at midnight). By 8am everyone seemed fine so we got back on the road with next-to-no sleep - thank goodness for coffee! We arrived in Hilton Head around lunchtime and went straight to the beach.








I'd like to tell you that my hair only looked wild in this picture, but in fact, my hair looks like this all the time at the beach. Something about the humidity gives me pubic hair on my head. Lovely, I know.


Look who is swimming in the pool with floaties!

Elliott's first time in the ocean. At some point he got water in his face, which he didn't like. After that he wouldn't go near the water unless we were holding him. We had to carry him through the loose sand. He would only walk on the packed-down sand.


1 comment:

DisneyWorldFan said...

cute family pic!! looks like you guys had a great time!!!