Tuesday, July 29, 2025

July 29

We hit the ground running yesterday. We got home at 2:30am and then woke up at 8:30am. I am not sure which time zone I am on right now. I threw out all the food in the fridge, went grocery shopping, and did all the laundry.


Clay and Elliott went to Kat’s house to get her yard cut and weedeated. Clay called me while they were there. He had left the batteries for the weed eater and blower on the counter. He left Elliott to cut the grass and come home to get the batteries when my van got a flat tire. So he changed the tire while I brought the batteries to Elliott. Never a dull moment!

After they came home and showered, Clay took my van to get two new tires and I headed back to Kat’s house to help her deep clean (think inside refrigerator, tub, toilet, sweeping, mopping, etc). All but one of her roommates had already moved out and had done little to nothing to get the house ready for inspection. Kat is depending on getting her security deposit back to pay for school, so we tried to leave it better than when she moved in. Hopefully her landlord will be happy with the condition. 

Clay brought us dinner and then unclogged the bathroom sink and bathtub drains. Then we moved her back home. Long day! 


In the middle of moving Kat, we had a storm. The sunset after the storm made the whole sky orange.


Kat spent the night unloading everything. She is home for two weeks before we move her to college. Moving her out was hard, but it does seem like she has grown and learned a lot. Pray that these next two weeks are peaceful and happy. 

No comments: