Lucy and I headed 115 miles into the mountains for a relaxing afternoon at Glenwood Hot Springs. There were six pools, varying in temperature from 52 degrees to 104 degrees. They had 15 different minerals in them. Both of us felt nice and relaxed after 3 hours.
Also, I-70 West of Denver is the most scary and beautiful drive I have been on. Each mountain looks so different from the next. Some have red rock, some are covered in pine trees, some look like we were in the dessert, and others in a canyon… and all right next to each other! It kept the drive exciting. Lucy wouldn’t humor me by taking pics. I had both hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. Driving through mountains is scary.
We dropped Elliott off at Clay’s job sight late morning. They left for an afternoon of mountain biking in Breckenridge. They only got to go down the slope once before lightning caused the park to close the ski lift. Ski lifts take the bikes and riders up the slope to the trails. Instead, they found some trails throughout the town and had quite a surprise.
Elliott had to slam on his brakes and veer off the path so he wouldn’t hit this moose meandering down the trail.
They got caught in a downpour.
Dinner in Golden. Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment