Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24

Happy 7th birthday, Abbie!
  
For Kat's birthday yesterday, she and I had some one-on-one time after church. Clay took Julia and Lucy with him to Elliott's basketball game. Kat and I grabbed lunch, went clothes shopping, and then to a cat cafe.

Kat has grown so much this year that all she had for winter wardrobe was 3 shirts, socks, and underwear. She outgrew everything - even her winter coat. Unfortunately, Julia's pants from last year are too big for her... so we went to a second-hand clothing store and got most of her winter wardrobe, including a coat, for $90. Not too bad! She was shocked at how much we spent (the girl is used to free hand-me-downs). I told her she would really be shocked if we had bought everything new.

 
 
 
 
 
 When this place opened last month, I knew Kat would enjoy it. It's part cafe, part cat play room. The cats are all adoptable. Of course, Kat thought we should adopt one. The cat room is in an enclosed area, so if you are in the cafe, you don't have cats roaming around while you are eating. The cafe patrons observe the cat room while they enjoy their food. Cute concept. Since August 8th, almost 200 cats have been adopted from the Humane Society.

 Elliott's team won 40-2. He said it wasn't much fun to dominate a team.

 
Food is her love language. Clay and I took Kat out for dinner last night. She chose crab legs from Red Lobster. I hope she makes a decent living or marries rich someday because the girl can eat and she has expensive taste!

No comments: