Saturday, May 27, 2017

May 27

I took the kids to the zoo yesterday. We hadn't been in so long that the kids really enjoyed the animals. For awhile, we went so frequently, the kids enjoyed climbing statues and playing on the playground more than the animals. I was hoping that by going early in the summer, we'd avoid daycares and summer camps and also enjoy cooler weather. Apparently lots of other moms felt the same way. It was pretty crowded, but cool enough outside that it ended up being a great day. 

 
The new butterfly exhibit was neat. You go inside this tent and they are flying all around you. The zoo worker said there are somewhere around 500 butterflies in the exhibit. The kids have decided that we need to plant meteor shower verbena. The largest concentration of butterflies was on this flower.  

 
 
 It wasn't hard to talk me into an Icee when I saw they had a Banana Laffy Taffy flavored one - yummy!

 

  

Once again, Julia took better pictures than me:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: