Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14

Last night didn't go as expected (I almost no longer feel the need to preface each post with this since it seems to be the way of life lately). We were all loaded up in the van to head to Kat's AWANA Grand Prix, when we noticed we had a flat tire. So Clay quickly hopped in his car with Kat. I stayed home with the three youngest (Julia went to a birthday slumber party) since we can't all fit in Clay's car. It was disappointing, but turned out for the best. Kat got to have some 1x1 time with her daddy, and I got the three little ones to bed early and had time to myself! Some days you need more than 10 minutes in a row without someone interrupting you to tattle, ask for food, or asking you to wipe their butt. I may have had a soda and chocolate bar in my bed while watching a chick flick.

And Kat? Well, that little turkey got 1st place in the 3rd grade division and 2nd place overall. Then she and Clay went out for a late dinner to celebrate. She had a fabulous night.

 
That smile says it all.

No comments: