Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11

Happy 3rd Birthday Lucy! 

I can't believe how fast these three years have flown by! 

 Nonna's knee replacement went well. Thanks for your prayers!

 Here's our Day 9 Truth in the Tinsel ornament - we made Joseph
 
 
For our Day 11 Truth in the Tinsel craft, we made pillows (the kids learned about the Angel Gabriel visiting Joseph in a dream). Julia was a huge help for this craft. She sewed the pillows for everyone and then we filled them with cotton balls. 

We also had a "Joseph's Obstacle Course" (I didn't come up with it, it is in the curriculum).
  The kids had to find Mary (a doll) and then make their way to Bethlehem by jumping on the pillows and through the hula hoop.

 Still on their way to Bethlehem.

 Conducting a census of all the stuffed animals.

The last step was to find Baby Jesus.

I put the kids in bed about an hour early last night. About 5 minutes later, I told them to wake up and took them to look at Christmas lights. It was a fun surprise.

 
This house goes all out - they take donations/raise money for a children's charity. The kids request to go see it every year.

No comments: