Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31

Happy Birthday Clay Ray!

Michelle and Micah came over yesterday to play for awhile and take Nicole home. Have I mentioned that I am sad they are leaving? They are leaving to pastor at a church in Missouri. God is going to use them in awesome ways. I am trying to figure out a way to stow away in their luggage.

 
The girls wanted to sew, so they had at it. I think these ended up being blankets for their fairy houses?

I just wanted to provide proof that from time to time I do bath my kids. I used to be so good about regular baths. These days I seem to forget until it's been a few days. Doh! Thankfully the girls reminded me that they needed baths.

As I am typing this, our house is peacefully quiet at 7:30am. That's because there aren't any kids here. "What's that?", you say. That's right. Clay and I are home (he took the day off for his birthday), alone, without children!!! The birthday boy is still sleeping, and I am on the computer without anyone asking me for anything. It's marvelous! Our friends Phil and Scottie asked if the kids could sleep at their house last night. They actually volunteered to keep all four kids. That. Is. Awesome. Nobody has ever done that before... not that I blame them. Four kids is alot to take on. But this tired Mama sure did need the break. I love my kiddos, but I have been short-tempered with them lately. I needed the peace and quiet. I needed to not have to do something for somebody else. Clay and I went out to eat last night and got to enjoy our dinner. Then we decided to come home and chill out in the quiet house. It's the first time since having four kids that we've been in the house without any kids. Heck, it's the first time since having more than one kid where I can remember being home and not having at least one child home with us. It was marvelous! I woke up on my own, went for a walk, and ate breakfast in peace. And you know what? I'm ready to go pick up the kids now! It's been over 12 hours and I am starting to miss the constant chatter (although not the whining/arguing). 


No comments: