Thursday, February 4, 2021

February 4


Since Kat doesn’t cooperate for pictures, I have to sneak them. This was yesterday when we picked her up from school. 


While Kat is in youth group, Lucy and I hang out in the van. I read and she starts on Thursday’s schoolwork. They don’t have kids activities (AWANA) yet and likely won’t until next school year. I am thankful that the youth group meets. 

We survived another Wednesday. 200 miles and about 6 hours sitting in the van. Ugh! Here’s how our day went:
  • Wake up at 6:15am for Abbie. 
  • Clay leaves for work by 6:30am.
  • Take Elliott with me to drop Kat off at school. Can’t leave him home because he harasses his sisters and they need to get their work done. 
  • After driving 40 minutes to drop Kat off, we grab our (mine and Elliott’s) usual McD’s breakfast. Then we head home. Meanwhile, Elliott is working on school during the 80 minute trip.
  • Get home and kids continue with school. 
  • Fix lunch/clean up
  • Take Julia to work.
  • Load up the van to head back to Kat’s school. Now that Julia works, I have to take Elliott, Lucy, and Abbie on that drive. This time I put on a movie for them to make the trip more fun. 
  • Get home around 4pm. Kids play outside for awhile. 
  • 4:30 Clay gets home from work. 4:45 he leaves and takes Elliott to kickboxing while he lifts weights (at the same gym).
  • 5:30 drop Abbie off and grab a quick bite to eat on the way to youth group. 
  • 6pm youth group for Kat. 
  • Clay and Elliott grab dinner out on their way to picking Julia up from work at 7. 
  • 7:30 they drop Elliott off at wrestling. Thankfully he has a ride home from wrestling.
  • 8pm Lucy, Kat, and I arrive at home. 
  • 9pm Elliott arrives at home.
My neighbor (who is a grandmother) says they will be ‘grown and gone before I know it’ and I will miss all the craziness. I will miss them. I will not miss this schedule! I am only posting this so that one day I look back on it and realize how ridiculous and stupid life was in 2021! Also, Mondays and Wednesdays are really the only days that are this crazy. Otherwise I wouldn’t survive. 

No comments: