Clay left for Nevada on Monday. I joined him today for a few days of fun in the Vegas area.
These driving billboards are all over the strip. This one is more modest than some.
A few things I noticed right off the bat.
1 - Marijuana - the smell hits you all over the strip because it is legal to buy it in Vegas (maybe Nevada?).
2 - Being in KY, you see quite a few people smoking cigarettes. KY has nothing on Vegas. Smokers everywhere. I guess it goes hand in hand with drinking/gambling?
3 - My hair and eyes did not like the dry air. My eyes were red most of the time- either from dehydration or second hand pot smoke (?). My hair was dry and felt brittle - and greasy. Such a fabulous combination.
4 - Clay kept me up late the first night to get me adjusted to the three hour time change. It did help that it was a Friday night and Las Vegas was just starting to hop at midnight.
5 - Vegas is an interesting place to people watch. There are ALL sorts of people in Vegas.
6 - I didn't see much litter, surprisingly. However, my finger nails always had dirt under them. Desert? Dirt/grime?
7 - Boobs. They are everywhere. Girls with the feather outfits on every block to take pictures with people for money. If their front side was covered, their back side was revealing.
8 - If the smell of cigarette smoke/marijuana didn't hit me like a ton of bricks, the smell of alcohol did. It's legal to walk around Vegas with alcohol. That, and the casinos give it out for free while people gamble.
9 - It's January, and people in Vegas are used to heat. I get that. But Lord have mercy, every building we walked into felt like a sauna. Most days you needed a jacket outside, but as soon as you walked into a resort, restaurant, anywhere indoors, the heat hit was stifling.
As you can see, I was in a bit of culture shock.

While walking the strip, we walked past tWitch from Ellen. He was nice enough to take a picture.
After dinner, we took our leftover pizza with us. We figured we could give it to a homeless person (there are plenty of them all over the strip). The girl on the left jokingly asked if we brought her dinner. Clay handed them the bag. In return, they gave us a free photo opp. Lucky us (insert sarcasm)! These girls were fairly covered up - trust me.
We enjoyed the Bellagio fountain show and inside the Bellagio and some of the other resorts on the strip. I think we went into most of them. It is almost the Chinese New Year, so alot of the hotels had an Asian theme (it's the year of the pig). Also, Asians love gambling. Who knew!?! The newest resort being built on the strip is going to be an Asian-themed one.
I bet $1 in a slot machine and made a whopping $5.20 in three pulls.









No comments:
Post a Comment