Muhammad Ali's death is the main thing in the news this week because we live in his hometown. The Muhammad Ali Center (Lucy called it the "Hamma Dali Center") is offering free admission all week, so we decided to pay a visit. There was also an "I Am Ali" festival going on yesterday for children.
This is outside the center. There were national news trucks set up alongside the center. I knew Muhammad Ali was famous, but I really didn't know he was such a big deal.
This gospel choir was awesome. Elliott said they hurt his ears (they were loud).
ESPN reporter
They had all sorts of activities for kids : giant chess, Connect Four, and checkers games, relay races, cornhole, face painting, etc. It was really nicely put together for something that was planned in a few days.The weather was perfect.
Then we used our Cultural Passes for the first time yesterday to visit the Speed Art Museum. Elliott made sure to point out every nipple he saw. :P
Kat spent the day with her friend.

















No comments:
Post a Comment