Yesterday afternoon we knocked out several science projects. We have been studying mollusks (clams, muscles, oysters, gastropods, and the other ocean critters that give us seashells). It wasn't our intention to do a bunch in one day, but the girls were excited about it, so we just kept going. I love seeing them excited about learning!
First we did an experiment on air resonance (it's what makes the "ocean" sound in large seashells). I didn't get pictures because the girls were naked. I swear they start out the day in clothes, but we have some sort of clothes-eating monster in this house (it lives in the bathroom).
Then we completed a mollusk for their ocean box:
Top of the box (seals and a dolphin)
Inside of the box (stingray, muscle, crab, shark, sea turtle, school of fish, and a sea snake)
And finally, we made a Conchology box and put some of the shells we collected from our September beach vacation in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment