Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 17

Today was Julia's first day of Kindergarten!!! She said it was "awesome"! She is excited to go back for more. She talked about her locker, a few new friends, her lunch, and playing on the playground. The only negative comment I heard her make was that they didn't have any Barbies. Clay took the day off work so he could go with us to take her to school (and then he was my moral support for the day). She rode the school bus home.

I did okay. I cried a few times (once when we had to say good-bye to her at school, once when I saw another Kindergartner's Mom crying,again when we left the school grounds, and again at lunch when I realized how quiet it was without her). Knowing she is having a good time helps.

Doesn't she look cute in her little uniform?



Left: Walking to her class; Right: in her classroom

Funny Julia Story (hopefully it won't offend anyone): Julia made a comment at dinnertime that "there are alot of dark hairs in my class." I kind of figured she meant black people, so I got the giggles. I asked if there were kids with blond, red, and brown hair too. Then she asked, "How do they get those colorful beads in their hair?" and "Can you do that in my hair too?" I almost fell off my seat laughing. Sure Jules, we'll put the beads in your hair sometime.

While Julia was at school, Clay, Kat, Elliott, and I went to Henry's Ark to feed Zebras, camels, goats, ducks, etc. The weather was great!


1 comment:

Sherry said...

Elysa has one of those hair beader battery powered machinesin her closet(we think). We will look for it and send it to you!

The pictures are so good.